Sunday, February 27, 2011

Siesta Synapse

Well these last two days have been interesting. I'm kinda frustrated at the moment because I left the science and math class in the afternoon a bit early to be back here for an english class that some students wanted to have at 12. Its 130 and they have yet to show up still though so I'm not sure what to do. I would like to tutor small groups but its hard to set a time that they show up for. I'm still thinking they might show up at 2 since dose and dos sound pretty similar with my accent but I was pretty sure I said dose so idk.

Otherwise things have been going great! I brought home presents for my family from Suchi like rice, coffe, tomatoes, carrots, hot chocolate, papaya and DVD's for their computer. As I was waiting for the bus the a storm erupted from the sky. It started as I was buying my last things and then it absolutely started pouring down rain as I was waiting for the bus. It was interesting because the storm hit really fast and you could just see everyone running for cover when it started to rain cause they knew it would get much worse very fast. I was lucky it wasn't raining in El Bario cause I was carrying a lot of stuff for my family.

I've been playing a butt load of soccer recently which has been fun but I've pretty much sweat through everyone of my shirts so I'll have to attempt some laundry later this afternoon. I finally got my camera! I started taking pictures and then it decided to stop working but I think it just needed new batteries. I got to see my friend Boris before they went off to the community for the weekend which was cool. I also saw my teacher in the square which was nice and I enjoy speaking English with her. She really listens and improves when we talk which is nice. I think one day she will make a great English teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment