Monday, February 7, 2011

Siesta Synapse

Well lets see ( Vamos a Ver...) Today I understood subjunctive much better.  Maybe it was that my mind was fresh or that I had let it soak in over the weekend or that I had talked to my dad about subjunctive on Sunday but I really understood it and I think I'll actually use it in my writing and talking now.  For those Americans who don't know subjunctive in English... Niether did I haha.  They use it way more in Spanish than they do in English but our subjunctive is I wish I were <---subjunctive!  

Anyways today has been a great day so far with Classes going well and getting to meet a few new Danish students and show them where the plaza was from their place.  It was good to know things and not be shown around.  I'm a true Salvadoran! (except for the sunburn part).  But its good cause I think my sunburn isn't that bad ant that it will turn into a tan.  I might even want to smell like an Italian salad and rub vinegar on myself to get it to tan (Take notes my Irish friends but Robin H might be a lost cause....;) ) Anyways I'm doing well and I don't have anything I really need to do today which is kinda wierd considering every other day I've had tons of things on my plate.  I think I'll go buy some laundry detergent and finish my laundry... but thats not very fun... Now that I'm thinking of things I need to do all the little things are rushing back to me so uh oh.... I have to apply for the Quaker Leadership Scholarship Program (QLSP) later today but I need lots of letters from other ppl about me being a quaker and what I've done... If anyone is Volunteering to write one please comment! (No luck mom you are blood related to me... you've already been recruited...Mobert you too) 

The Mangos are already starting to fall at school so when we hear one starting to fall we all look up and hope it won't come down straight on us.  All this month at the theater there are performances on the weekends which is quite cool. OH and the best part about yesterday was watching the SuperBowl... with a packers fan no less.  It was quite fun trash talking during the game and attempting to explain american football to a local and our Holland guest Anne.  The best part was that I basically ate my heart out of all the junk that I had saved up and that other ppl brought.  I ate 3 papusas, popcorn with extra fake butter ( the best kind there is), sweet bread that Paul and his wife Cassie made, cookies, and orange, cheese popcorn and soda.  I particularly liked watching the Doritos commercials.   I even got to play some frisbee which was great cause it had been a while since I just threw it around.  

Nina Rubia's family is here visiting so it should be an adventure cause the rooms are pretty much all full.  Its quite an experience.   I think they are only staying for like a day or so but I'm really not sure.  Anyways I will soon find out my plan for after school and where I'll be going. next weekend is the meeting with Frank and his two students that will teach classes.   OOOOO cool news is that tomorrow I'm giving another presentation on biology on the subjects of evolution and the human systems so let me know what topics I should specifically cover.  And whats an easy way to explain evolution without going into all the complex stuff?

Secrest Afuera!

No comments:

Post a Comment