Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Siesta Synapse 2

Wow two post in a day that hasn't happened in a while.... Well today is special cause its my only day that I'm actually in Suchi for this week.  My schedule with the school starts tomorrow and I'm very excited to start.  I'm not as worried as I was about teaching English or other things like that cause they have an English teacher and it turns out I'm just going to practice with her and help her teach her classes.  I'm excited to make it easier for her because its difficult grading homework for an entire class after school on the spot and there is a lot of time wasted cause she has to check everyones stuff as they write it so they all bring it up to her individually.  With me there I can speed up the class time and hopefully she can teach more because of it!  For PE I'll be having an entire grade level at a time and I'll probly start out every day with a warm up lap and streching just to have some structure in my class.  Then I'm going to try to do different stations with small groups where I can show them before hand.  I think later I'll teach them some basic basketball skills. and soccer drills they can do to get better. If you have ideas for games and such let me know.  I'll probly end up using a lot of Quaker games like Elbow tag and stuff just to give them a variety of games they can play during recess.

There is way to much to say in just a day of living in El Bario.  Overall... I love it! The food is great,  my room is very nice and my family is nice to me and I enjoy talking with them.  I'm in Suchi now so I'm looking for things to buy my family as presents for letting me stay there.  If you have ideas for next time when I'm in Suchi post them and I'll see what I can do.

Oh so back to the school topic just a bit more.... So I'm going to be helping pretty much all day which is nice and they gave me a schedule for each day which should be nice.  I'm also going to offer if anyone of the high school kids or groups of kids want to set up a time to practice their Spanish I'll also offer that.  I mean I have free time so I don't see why I shouldn't offer.  I'm also going to start practicing with the El Bario soccer team which should be fun.

My camera is arriving tomorrow but I won't be here to see it unfortunately because I'll be in El Bario but I can get it this weekend when I come into town probly on Sat or Sunday.  I read more letters from everyone and dicided that I'll post on their facebook walls individually to make it more personal cause I don't think they all check my Blog regularly.

Well life at the house has been quite nice.  Yesterday I went and took a nap after I wrote my post from yesterday (technically today) and then I went over to the school to visit with teachers and the principle.  Its wierd being on the teaching side after so many years of learning but still its kinda nice.  I feel like a student though sometimes.  Like for instance I helped teach the English class and the teacher had me sit with the students but then she used me to give pronunciations of all the new words we used and then I helped check peoples work.  After that I went home and had dinner and hung out with my family some.  Its odd cause I don't know quite what to say all the time but its not cause I don't know how to say it its just that I suck at small talk haha.  If you have ideas let me know!

Words of the day- Apllido- last name   miedo-fear como "tiene miedo?"

-Secrest Afuera!

No comments:

Post a Comment