Friday, February 11, 2011

Siesta Synapse

Well getting back to posting again... I was suprised to hear that I hadn't posted since monday on my blog... I think that kinda had to do with doing extra activities after spanish school that I hadn't been doing like going on a hike to El Cubo ( this sweet waterfall with a nice jumping spot) and playing street soccer with the local kids in the afternoons.  I just can't seem to be someone who has lots of time to relax... I guess I just expect way too much of myself which Idk if thats a good thing but thats who I am and I know I can be successful with it.

UCSC if you are reading this which you probly shouldn't be (cause I never told you I was writing this yet) but I'm sorry about not writing that letter about SAT subjects tests... I promise I will get right on that its just really difficult to start...

Anyways I've been pretty exhausted recently these last few days from hanging out with my friend Anna from Holland, meeting new backpackers,  learning subjunctive, playing soccer and just trying to keep up with living which like I've mentioned before my room gets the short end of the stick because I don't have enough time to clean it ( I maybe also don't really want to clean it either haha) .

El Cubo was an amazing waterfall and I can't wait to take everyone coming on the trip! Its like about a mile hike mostly down hill and then up hill on the way back but you turn the corner and there are three amazing waterfalls one is really short and the second is decent and the third you can barely see but all together are amazing.  There is a great jumping point off the second one and they have carved in good rock climbing holds to make it easy to get to.  the water is pretty deep too.  I don't know how deep but more than 8 feet in some places.

I've met the new danish students that are here and they seem pretty cool.  Its kinda sad and sudden but I'm realizing that my classes end next week and I'm going to be living somewhere else after next week too! Its crazy I've been here three weeks already and so much has happened but it still does feel quite fast at the same time.  I've met sooo many amazing people I really can't figure it out what I'll do.  I think maybe tonight I'll go visit mauricio again and talk in spanish with him.  I'm also really tired though so idk maybe I'll just do that and then catch up on a show after dinner or something.  Its also friday so I'll probly have dinner out somewhere idk where yet but I'm doing well with money.

Ah money that reminds me... I don't know how I feel about it yet but I gave a dollar to this woman who is... I'm not sure but homeless? I can't really tell but she has told me that her mom has died and I asked a few ppl about her and they say she has good and bad days so Idk what to do.  I kinda feel bad about giving money away for free but I know that she needs it and I haven't seen her drinking so she won't use it for things she doesn't need I'm pretty sure.  I feel like I would like to help her but I don't really want to encourage begging on the street I guess.  I really wish that she would help by doing something for people or helping clean, or playing an instrument on the corner, or selling something... I guess thats why I feel bad about giving her a dollar cause its not supporting what I feel is acceptable behavior.  Idk I mean if were homeless ( subjunctive) I'm not sure what I would do but I feel like I would want to work and do something with my life to make it better.  I don't know what her full situation is but if you guys have ideas about how to approach this problem let me know please.  

Well to sum up... I've become once again very busy like I always am which is....interesting I suppose.  I will hopefully find out more of a plan this weekend when I go to visit El Bario and have a meeting with Frank and his students about how we are going to teach the classes.  I hope that my spanish will be good enough to explain things well enough in spanish when I'm teaching.  I think I will have a hard time understanding questions but I'll hopefully have someone there to help teach or something.  I've been giving presentations in biology this week to estefani and they have been going fairly well.  The last two classes have gone about an 1 and a half or more.  Hopefully my adventures are only beginning....

Secrest Afuera!

No comments:

Post a Comment