Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Siesta Synapse

Hey wow I just realized yesterday was the first day that I didn't have time to make a post on my blog.... Crazy I know but things have really been picking up.  Well lets see.... to update you all I did take a bit of a siesta after my last post.... Its really damn hot today but I'm gonna go out and play soccer anyways hopefully.... Then after my siesta I did other stuff. This week has kinda gone by pretty fast cause I honestly thought it was Tuesday but still I can't imagine being here for another 5 months.  If my schedule keeps increasing at the same rate I'm pretty sure I will explode around February 15th so beware that date... (not the ides of march but ehh only a month off-- yes thats right even though I looked like I was asleep in Ms Rose's class I did learn stuff--)

Anyways as I was saying my time here still seems like it will be forever but is that really a bad thing? My spanish has improved dramatically in just under two weeks here.   I'm already planning adventures to El Bario,  the waterfall you can jump off of (oh wait I wasn't supposed to tell my mom about it until after I did it and survived... whoops haha but don't worry I'll be fine.) , and The mall in San Salvador where I can get cookies and other various Snacks that I'm sure when I'm old will be the end of me but honestly if thats how I go then I'd be happy but I promise I won't go all uncle Johnny status on you all.  I've also realized that I must be related to my mother cause I've been budgeting in my head (sorry dad I got some things from you.... I think)

I will post pictures soon and later on in the trip I will have my camera which will be nice to have again instead of using a webcam one but for now Margret said I could barrow her camera for a bit and other ppl who I'm friends on facebook have pictures of Suchitoto as well up so I'll steal some of theirs soon.

Tomorrow I have ANOTHER soccer match to play in so thats pretty cool.. I think I'm playing with three teams at the moment? But they all really like me and I know ppl on all the teams so it will be a fun adventure.  Another one of my plans is to go out to dinner with the volunteers at the center and some of the teachers so they can practice their English one night and of course at some point I'll practice spanish.  I was told that I need to get out more from Robert so soon I'll go out into the blistering heat and get some ice cream and sit in the plaza... I've also been invited to sit and talk with one of the painters here in town so that I can practice my spanish so when its not soo hot one day I'll go and hang with him.

Things I still plan on doing in the near future:
-getting a case of coke or drinks ( I have to barrow a case from robert first)
-play in soccer match
-Play ping pong with Paul (centro de arte volunteer)
-Make spanish rap video with Alex ( we had fun beat boxing and funking up the choir songs)
- Travel to El Bario
- Take dance lessons with new danish students
-Have english dinner
-go to waterfall
- sit in plaza and relax
-figure out how to be a morning person ( I think its a lost cause honestly thats why I wasn't the best in class Mr kelly fyi)
- Buy a box of cookies (mmmmmm)

Well thats all for now I'm sure I'll remember something more later but I'll post a few pictures I have of my school after this

-Secrest Afuera!
-

No comments:

Post a Comment