Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Siesta Synapse

Wow today is a crazy day an it can only get crazier. Honestly its a a little bit scary but the majority of me is extremely excited for everything that has happened and will happen the rest of this day.
My new house at Don Mario's is absolutely amazing and totally different. For example when I went into my room there was a chicken in there and I had to chase it out. There are a ton of animals here at at my house. There is a baby cow, two pigs, tons of Rosters and Chickens, two or three dogs, and a cat who just had kittens a little while ago. I've only been here an afternoon so I'm sure that could quickly change and I could find many more creatures here. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll see a magical animal!
My spanish skills are paying off and I can make myself understood. I'm sure I will have many more opertunities to speak spanish as I get to know my family more and more. I met all the people at the school earlier today and I'm going back this afternoon to meet some more people and talk with Lupe about what I can do to help and to figure out my schedule. I'm excited about teaching but I know that I have no clue how to do it and I'm sure it will be a learning process.

I wanted to start writing because this afternoon I read some of my letters from my highschool time capsule.... Wow I love you guys. Kylin: your words were extremely helpful to me at this time. I was a little worried about my self and having trouble figuring out how I fit into this new world that I'm in. And dad... I remember when I read your letter the first time I didn't quite get it. I don't know if you wrote it for when I would have been in El Salvador but now it makes total sense and the advice you had was extremely meaningful to me. Everyone else you had amazing things to say such as Maybe you'll travel after High school.... or you always brought your Nate self with you and never stop being that funny guy. I will admit that I didn't read all of the letters but the ones I did read were absolutely amazing and I hope to finish others when I need something to pick me up. I will make my comments to your letter when I've read it but don't feel bad if I didn't mention yours this time because you all really do mean a lot to me. Oh and jeff I just read yours and wow I had forgotten how hilarious you are... and you also had some great advice mixed in as well.

For now I think that's all but I will post this on my blog tomorrow when I'm in Suchi. I'm already starting to meet even more people after just an afternoon of being here. My host family is extremely nice with Luis, Don Mario and others that I can't remember their names but I'll write them down next time so I can start to remember. Meeting the high school kids was quite fun and I felt like I was on display as usual but towards the end I started to loosen up and I think they understood what I was saying and how I meant things.   
-Secrest Afuera

No comments:

Post a Comment