Thursday, February 3, 2011

Siesta Synapse

So besides my random post earlier today I havn't filled you in on what I've been doing.  Today I had a soccer match and it was kinda wierd cause the two teams that played were both teams that I had practiced with before so I had to pick a team.  I picked the team I usually play with cause I think from here on out I'm mostly just going to play with them and practice with them cause they seem like fun ppl.  I've also decided to give my two big pairs of shoes to them.  They don't have any kids I don't think but I'll see about the small pair.  Hopefully the shoes fit someone.  

Classes today were really good and I really hope to start giving more presentations ( Thursday are presentation days).  Today I started with the subject of my life and wound up trying to teach and explain Calculus, Statistics, and Biology during my presentation that I think went like an hourish... I started with cells and then started to get into DNA (They say ADN) and then worked my way through chromosomes, nucelotides, and then DNA Replication including RNA (ARN).  It was a very interesting process and thanks to my semi okay drawing skills and my decent speaking skills I taught her quite a lot I think.  Oh and Oscar Dominguez, I really hate to say it but you were totally right about how drawings are important... Especially here!  I'm excited to do it again cause I really started to learn a lot of vocabulary about biology terms.  Most are very similar but some arn't quite the same so it was good to figure some out.  

Other than that I've been meeting tons of cool ppl I'd like to meet more Salvadorans but its kinda hard at this point with my spanish cause they need to try to have a conversation with me its not that easy at this point like they need to say things twice or three times or talk slower or say it in a different way.  I'm getting better and I can have a really good conversation with my teacher but its different cause she knows how to explain something in other ways and she speaks some english too. 

I will try to upload more pictures later tonight. 

Secrest Afuera!


No comments:

Post a Comment