Saturday, February 5, 2011

Picture Explanation and Synapse

So as you can see the pictures decided to be huge I guess its cause I used a real camera well next time I think I'll size them down so it doesn't take forever to upload them.  Anyways As you can see for those of you who have been on any of the trips with the palo alto friends group the Centro De arte has changed quite a lot from what it used to be.  They have put in a skate park and wieght room equipment etc as well as making the indoors really pretty and nice.  They are also doing some sort of construction work and building a new building I'm not sure what its for cause I forgot to ask but it should be cool whatever it is.

As for the pictures at the end I took a picture of a dog cause it was one of the first dogs I'd seen that was actually fed pretty well and it was on the way to Pajaro Flor.  The other pictures are of the beutiful learning environment that you will be in when you are taking classes if you decide to come on the trip.  The view is absolutely amazing and the teachers are really cool as well.  I'm not just saying it either its seriously true.

The update on my situation is that the last few days have been busy...  I'm playing soccer with some kids on the street and I'm also playing for an official team in a league where we play every weekend.  I also got a jersey from them that I can keep! its so cool I'll post a picture of my team later tonight or tomorrow.  I really like my team and I'll have to ask but from talking to ppl they all seem to know that I've joined this team and they acutally know the name of it and I don't haha.  Word in this town travels fast and my neighbor who I buy cookies from wants to come to my next game.  I played today at 9 am and apparently I got a bit sunburned (hopefully it will tan!) otherwise instead of being called moreno I'll be called rojo.  Anyways the game was really exciting and the league goes till October which is really long but I'll play when I can and I like the team so thats all that matters.  I also said we would organize a game when the ppl on the trip came down in June. I'm excited to see how we do! We'll make the teams fair though probly just integrate.   Anyways the game was amazing! I played most of it and played well. We were down one from a goal early in the second half and then we ended up scoring with like 3 mins left to tie it! Even though it was a tie it was a good game to watch.

The other update is that I got a case of 24 glass sodas which is awesome cause I borrowed a case to trade in for new ones and its costs like 6.30 for 24 sodas.  the Glass bottles are what costs so much though.  Much else has happened too!  The danish students left but new ones are coming today and I think this wed is dance lessons which they invited me too so that will be interesting.  Laundry is piling up.... as usual maybe I can work on buying new parents when I'm here.... maybe I can bring them back with me too.... I've been hearing stories of ppl in the US which is really cool but some of the stories are quite sad about deportation and all cause honestly they really just want to make a living and they do great work.... I don't really want to get into the whole economics issue with it though I just know from knowing the ppl here that they are very nice ppl and very hard working.  They deserve whatever they get... (except maybe the drunks that sit on the corner but still)

I'm going to go hang out with a painter and practice my spanish if he is around I think I'll buy some papusas or a hamburger in the plaza or close to it... we'll see.

Secrest Afuera!

No comments:

Post a Comment