Friday, March 18, 2011

Siesta Synapse

 Okay well the next update on my life is that I've been having an amazing few days here at manelios. Its been extremely relaxing to be here in Joquitique an they are absolutely amazing with every detail. I sometimes wish they weren't as nice because I feel too much like a guest sometimes when they ask me what I want for dinner. They do like me and I'm going to try to help more once I find ways to help. I think today I'm going to try my hand at cooking a bit maybe making some totillas.

Yesterday we went on an excursion to San Francisco which was really cool to see the big city but I'm glad I live out here. Its much better to travel into the City than to live there. We went to the Supermarket which was a very small version of Safeway or whatever chain you have in your state. with a meat section and milk and other stuff in the isles. It didn't seem that much cheaper than the street venders which surprised me so the street venders must make not a whole lot of money from selling their stuff. Anyways we rode in the pickup again down and back which was really fun and I took pictures this time. We brought home a ton of groceries and fit them into our backpacks. The rest of the day we just relaxed... watched some TV talked. Cristobal (Manelio) showed me some pictures he had of the war and such. And we talked and got to know each other. Yoel and Edwin (Yoels husband) went out for hamburgers at this hotel and invited me along which was very nice of them. Edwin spent time in the LA for a while and so we talked about In-n-Out Burger some which was really fun. Elvia is going to teach me some cooking I hope today but its been fun getting to know all of them. Yoel is 8 months pregnant too so when the Trip comes the baby will be 3 months old at least thats what they said I didn't do the math but I think its more like 2 months anyways the point is that they will have a new Cristobal in the house.

This past day and a half have been really relaxing and energizing for me. In El Bario I was going to school everyday and doing a million things which I love too but I need a break sometimes to gather my thoughts. My plans for the next few days are: Tommorrow we are taking a trip to the Mountains around Honduras and such then on Sunday there is a meeting with all the members of the projects here. After that Barcelona plays Real Madrid at 1 and then I'm going to do something in the afternoon (haven't figured out what yet.) Monday I'm going to go with the students from here to San Miguel and visit classes. I'm going to stay the night at the student house and then the next day take the bus to Apulo where they can meet me and show me the different things I'll be doing where I'll be staying and such. I'll spend about a week in Apulo and then start my vacation adventure of about two weeks I think not sure yet. Then I'll come back for Semana Santa (Easter week) and hang out in Suchitoto and do various things like visit friends, meet new people. Live with my family in El Bario some, possibly go down to the lake with some of my students. Go to Alguilares and San Salvador one day and buy all the sports equipment I don't know I'll find something to do when school isn't in session.

My favorite words in Spanish: NOMBRE!- my translation of it is no hombre together kinda but it means like “no way” bastante (usually elongated) tons or a lot or more than enough suficente is enough. Burbuhas- bubbles just fun to say Que Barbaro! - Cool! Amazing! Interesting! Or how sad too sometimes. Que Chivo! Cool! Mostly just cool or Interesting.
SIDE NOTE. my family has decided that when Barbara comes here she needs to use the phrase Que Barbara! instead and my dad needs to use the phrase Que Barba!  

No comments:

Post a Comment