Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Short but Sweet

Well I'm going to try to keep my posts shorter but maybe more frequent.  There is just so much to say its had to keep it small but if I post more often I think they will be shorter.  I'm writing this while I'm waiting for the new clear lake high school website to load.... Oh don't you love internet from a USB drive thing.  

Well yesterday I traveled in a Pick up ( which they pronounce picka) so I kinda never made the connection but its a pickup that coved the back so that people can ride in it.  Its like a faster version than a bus but wow can it get crowded. Its quite a fun experience though I and it would have been better if I wasn't traveling with all my stuff which is a burden.  Anyways I arrived to Manelios (interesting story how he got that name btw) and just in perfect timing because it had started to sprinkle when we were walking and then when we got to the house and inside it started pouring like minute after we were inside.  The rain continued all afternoon and into the night which I actually really liked the sound of the rain.  We had a really nice dinner conversation about my summer job, University, LA, Surfing, Roller Coasters and other various topics.  It went on for a while after dinner and then we pretty much all just went to sleep.  Overall it was a good night because I practiced a lot of my spanish and learned a lot of new words like llena, cigara, ballena ( full, insect that makes noise, and whale).

Today I went to the store where Manelios wife works with her sisters in making many different objects like shirts and hammocks and jewelery and pretty much everything in between.  I had a good idea about having people on the trip who want to a certain type or size or colors in their hammock can let me know fairly soon and then they will get the materials and make it and you can buy it when you come to El Salvador!  Perfect right? well I'll explain more about my idea when I've taken pictures of the things they sell so you can see what I mean when I talk about different styles of hammocks.

Anyways thats it for now... need to do applications and stuff which isn't very fun but I need to start someday.
-Secrest Afuera

No comments:

Post a Comment