Thursday, January 27, 2011

Siesta Synapse

Its been only a week since I got here? I really can't comprehend that.  It feels like every day is three days almost.   I kinda slept through my first day of today ( if that makes sense haha).  I wake up around 8 but its sooo nice to sleep in and have a nice dream.  Especially when you've been as busy as I have the last few days.  Its like by the end of the day my brain is fried and then I end up hanging with ppl at night that speak good english but horrible spanish so I end up translating for the group haha.  I met the Danes last night.... they were pretty cool.  They are all leaving in like a week to go to different places and do home stays with different families.  Some of them are really worried like this girl sonya who just started learning spanish 3 weeks ago. I told her how I was so nervous before I came too but once I got here it just kinda happened like its amazing how adaptable humans are to tough situations.  I was having this conversation with ppl here about how we are so widespread and we can survive in temps like negative degrees with a wind chill.  I feel bad for my east Coasters and people who live really far north cause Jeff told me about how his nostrils freeze together on the third breath outside.... at least its not a tounge on a pole.

I have decided that there are wayyyyyy too many ppl to meet in this glorious world.  I've only been here a week and I have had to start saying no to invitations cause I have something else planned.  I will talk to sister peggy maybe but I kinda want to teach a frisbee and sports class once a week maybe or do a drum class.  There is a guy here who plays Guitar so maybe I could  hang out and jam with him.  I'm also gonna learn how to make some Salvadoran food from my teacher Estefani which should be fun.

There are some things I really haven't figured out about here yet though like there is a truck that drives by sometimes late at night and blasts new popular music... I think ppl are annoyed by it more than its actually useful.  There is also this wierd announcement they have recorded and play while going through the streets and its a woman that I'm pretty sure doesn't say any real words that I can make out. And you can hear it all the way across town so you hear it like 15 times before it gets out of range.

I also had this brilliant Idea (well I thought it was at 1 am at least haha.) but I was gonna start adding a spanish word of the day or a few words so if ppl are planning on coming to to trip in June they will know some important words.

Todays words.... burro=donkey (its not butter I tried it!)  and algunos or alguno  means some or something.  Its helpful when you use it with cosas (which means things) like ex.  algunos cosas son dificil entender para mi especialmente despues 3 horas de escuela.

Wow side note but I was sitting here typing and I just saw this daddy long legs spider catch this fly or flea thing it was pretty fucking amazing (excuse my french) but thats how cool it was.

Secrest Afuera!

No comments:

Post a Comment