Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Siesta Synapse

Well I didn't get much of a siesta today and on top of that I did my homework ( like the good student that I am) at midnight last night and finished at 1 haha. Then I got up today at 730 for class and bought a muffin on the way to classes for breakfast.  My four hours was much easier than yesterday.  After my first day I think my head was on  the verge of exploding.  I have a nice teacher who's name is Estefani.  Maybe one day I'll bring my laptop and take pictures of the school.  last time I took classes they were inside but this time I'm taking classes outside and it has a magnificent view ( and I don't use that word often)  Anyways today went much better and I can even see my improvement in the two days of classes that I've taken my spanish is much better and I'm better about trying out my spanish which is the important part anyways.  Tonight is Alex York's last night here ( my friend I met from Oberlin) so we are going to all go out and PARTY ( sorry mom I have to have some fun here haha).
In the two days of class I've tried to explain very difficult things to estefani like puns and a mushroom and Quakers. Quakers was the hardest but I made my dad proud today when we were doing toungetwisters and I wrote Through three cheese trees three free fleas flew. (thats your favorite right?)

Anyways after classes... the fun continued.  My homework tonight is to write two pages in my journal in spanish so I'll have to get to that soon.  But after classes I came back and started to rest but I only got an hour and I had to make lunch and unpack my stuff and get ready for soccer practice which I thought was at 230 but actually the team that I had played with before practiced at 4. I was lucky though cause any american with soccer skills and cleates the like want you to play with them so I joined up with the other team and practiced with them.  They were fun but they had less experienced players and more skill players that tried to take ppl on one on one and didn't play much of a team game so it was difficult to integrate.  Then I ended up playing more with my original team and after about an hour I was absolutely exhausted so I left about 530. Also the first team I practiced with instead of streching just ran like 7 or 8 laps probly around a mile and a half to start off practice. So yeah I guess you could say I'm tired haha.  I'm skipping chior tonight cause I'm just too tired to go and I we are gonna have dinner at like 645.

I'm surprised cause these last two days with school its been extremely busy and I really haven't had much time to watch many movies or other stuff like that. I prefer morning classes cause it gets me up and forces me to get out there and start the day and then after I can still go to the market and get something to eat or something for lunch which is good.

It is still one of the weirdest feelings in the world to get out of the shower (the shower is on my porch) and see  the rainforest and tops of houses infront of me.  I can't get over it.  I'm used to stepping out of the shower and seeing a white wall ( great choice on colors mom... cough cough not...cough cough...... who said that? who me? couldn't be.... and don't start singing the cookie jar song mom).

What else do you guy want to hear about? Some things I don't mention cause I'm used to them by now so let me know what parts of suchi you want to know about.  Maybe some history of El Salvador? I don't know  a whole lot but I can give you a summary.   Comment Below!

-Secrest Afuera !

No comments:

Post a Comment