Saturday, January 22, 2011

Nate's Siesta Synapse

So I figure since most days my free time is between 11 and 2pm here so I figured I would start up a tradition called Nates Siesta Synapse ( if you have a better suggestion for what it should be called I'd like to hear it)
Basically its just a synapse of what I've been up to and what I will be doing but its fun to say... And then you can ask your friends "did you see the sinful sinical synapse today?" or "did ya see the supercalifragilistic spectacular sustainable (cause its not using paper) synapse recently?  See I'm creating conversation topics for you all from Central america... well that is if you have friends (mom) .  Its okay she knows I love her. But still I can't help but think maybe the heat is starting to get to me...

Okay so what I've been doing besides writing those jokes up above has been quite fun.  Last afternoon I was recruited to one of the local pick up teams and we had a game which lasted quite a long time esspecially in the heat.  I got a good reputation though because I played through and scored a goal.  My team won 6 to 3 so it was a pretty dominant performance.  I didn't get a nick name yet but I'm hoping for Messi o Donovan maybe. I went and took a nice cold shower and then later that evening met up with Alex and Margret when we all went to the bar cause Alex was playing his guitar as live music because he wanted to impress the oberlin students who were on their Jan term semester here in El Salvador.  It was quite interesting and one girl Alice is really good friends with Ian mcardle and many know Baron as well so it was pretty cool to get to know so many oberlin students for such random reasons.

This morning I went to the meeting with all the leaders of the El Salvador projects.  I don't remember all their names but we had at least one delegate from each community there ( El gigante, Morezan Joque ytice?, El Bario, Apulo, y Suchitoto) They had lots of business and I tried to listen as much as I could take without my head exploding but after about the second hour I lost track and never really got back onto the conversation. I found it difficult cause usually I could zone out for a few minutes and jump right back into a conversation and not have to pay attention the whole time in order to get what was going on but I made it through the 4 hour meeting and understood the parts I needed to.  We talked some about what I might be doing on my 6 months here and every delegate wanted me to stay with them some so that was a good sign and I felt useful.  I will probly visit everywhere before I choose where I will spend the majority of my time.

Hope you enjoyed Nates Siesta Synapse! ARRRRRRRRIBA! Hasta Luego

Oh and the Oberlin group plays ultimate Frisbee so I'm gonna hopefully at least go throw it around with them later today

1 comment:

  1. Messi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you have a nick name ;). That is my vote anyhow. Keep up the futbol man!
    - Mark Runyan

    ReplyDelete