Monday, May 9, 2011

Many Siesta Synapeses

Okay so I've been really horrible with writing lately but I need to update you guys a little bit on my life. For now I'm just going to skip what happened these last two weeks and tell you what I've been doing this week.

As of now I'm in Los Suenos again to visit families during a long weekend from school. They don't have school because its Dia de la Madre this Tuesday so they had school on saturday last week to replace this monday so they could have a 4 day weekend. Monday I'll be going to Apulo to get my clothes I left there and to visit families. They are going to have a little get together with me because I donated money to ADEKOI.

In El Bario I've been playing soccer again. I really love the soccer community there. In my first game back I scored two goals (one on a header and one off a rebound). In Suchi I've had some problems with my team because they seem to have lost hope. The last game we played we only had 9 ppl able to play and two of them got hurt during the game so we were playing a good team with about half our people. They aren't very organized which may be the problem. I still think I'll try to play for them when I can.

El Bario had a dance this last weekend which turned out to be pretty much like dances in High School at first with nobody dancing. Then miraculously when I came back a half hour later everyone was dancing. It turned out to be a good dance. I practiced my latin styles. It was a bit awkward when they played my kinds of songs because everyone else dances differently to them. I still managed to have a good time and hung out with my house brother who's 20 and pretty cool.

Living with my family again in El Bario has been interesting. I haven't had very much time to myself recently and I've had to travel into Suchi to do things on the internet so I feel bad I haven't gotten to really bond with my family. I've been working on spending more time with them though. Whenever I do spend time with them I end up watching Don't mess with the Zohan. Its stuck in the DVD player so we've watched it probly 30 times.

This past month its been extremely hot... even in Morean. Apulo or El Bario has been the worst heat but I've learned to deal. My hair has become blonder. Its getting pretty long too so I think I'll cut it soon. I don't know how I'll deal with this coming winter but we'll see when it gets here I guess.

I've gotten to take some great pictures lately and experience some interesting Catholic events. I've experienced Semana Santa, Resar, and Dia De La Cruz. To be honest its not very fun to listen to people give mass or recite things in Spanish. After a while it just goes in one ear and out the other. Dia De la Cruz was my favorite because it was colorful and it wasn't much talking and mass before hand. The point was to taste and eat the different fruits. In the next few weeks its time to start planting the new crops for winter. One day I plan to go with Mario and experience the fields and what they do all day.

I'm feeling like a change needs to happen soon. I miss my friends but I love it hear too. I think to get back in the groove of working everyday just seems kinda boring to me (I guess that means I shouldn't be an adult) My work is becoming more and more focused on organizing this trip for the youth coming up. I'm making lists and networking with the communities more and more.

I wish I had unlimited money. I see so many opportunities out there to help people but I can't give money away that I don't have. I need more US contacts the next time I come here.

No comments:

Post a Comment